Answered By: Steve Spohn Last Updated: Jan 27, 2015 Views: 137
After a library or library group is enrolled, MLS begins the activation process. Timing is largely dependent upon the number of libraries in the queue and timely and accurate responses to technical information requests. The process is as follows:
- General vendor setup - contact information, etc.
- Authentication - IP addresses, SIP2, EZProxy, etc.
- Discovery - MARC records, APIs, etc.
- Promotion - Print and online collateral
- Training - On site and hands on
How do we know where we are library is in the queue?
- Hi Lisa - Somebody will be in touch shortly. Sounds like we might have a bad email somewhere in the works. - Steve
- We also are wondering where we are in the queue - is there a list somewhere that we can check to get an approximate date of activation?
- Hi Alexandra - C/W MARS is in the information gathering phase. Right now, we're collecting information from all the libraries. Once we hear from all the libraries, we'll submit the information to the three vendors so they can get you all activated. Cheers! Steve